the main principles of the ‘next generation’ risk assessment state that the methods used for safety evaluation need to be:
- relevant to assess the effect of cosmetics on human health and
- the overall goal should be the prevention of harm while using cosmetics
Toxby.design Eurotox certified Qualified Safety Assessment:
- Quantitative and qualitative composition of the cosmetic product
- Physical/chemical characteristics and stability of the cosmetic product
- Microbiological quality
- Impurities, traces, information about the packaging material
- Normal and reasonably foreseeable use: Label specifications
- Exposure to the cosmetic product: Exposure assessment
- Exposure to the substances: Margin of safety (MoS) calculation
- Toxicological profile of the ingredients
- Undesirable effects and serious undesirable effects
- Other information on the cosmetic product
Such evaluation takes into consideration different components:
- Hypothesis on the biological mechanisms of the effects of the cosmetic,
- Assessments of the way, duration and frequency of the exposure to the cosmetic substance
Benefits: All available methods and strategies are used with logic, transparency and explicit documentation
- tiered and iterative approach,
- appropriate appraisal of all existing information and
- robust and relevant methods and strategies.
Our Cosmetics Safety Assessors prepare
- the Product Safety Information and
- a Safety Assessment
optimized to be submitted for marketing authorisations within the EU according to EC 1223/2009.
Toxby.design cosmetics safety assessments are certified by a qualified European Registered Toxicologist safety assessor.
You can check Socosur Tox methodology for Cosmetics Risk Assessments, signed by an European Registered Toxicologist expert here.
In the event you are performing this exercise for innovative compounds GMP scale up manufacturing, please be noted Socosur Tox is duly accredited for the French Research Tax Credit CIR.
Feel free to contact us using this email link to receive a quotation for Tox Cosmetics Risk Assessment procedure used on your manufacturing line.